Samir Al Najjar family, Bani Suheila, Khan Younis
At approximately 3:10 am on Saturday 26 July 2014, an Israeli warplane fired a missile/bomb at the house of Samir Hussein Al Najjar, located in east Khan Younis.
Three families were living in the three-story house. The house was entirely destroyed, crushing its residents and killing 19 members of the family, including six women and ten children. Among them were two brothers of Ghalia, Samir’s wife, the wife and son of another brother, and two of her nephews. They live Khuza'a and took refuge in her relatives' house when the Israeli ground invasion in Khuza'a started a few days earlier. Only three people in the house at the time survived the attack, and all sustained moderate and critical injuries.
The deceased have been identified as:
- Samir Hussein Mohammed Al Najjar (52);
- Ghalia Mohammed Ahmed Al Najjar (56) Samir's wife;
- Majid Samir Al Najjar (18) Samir's son;
- Kifah Samir Al Najjar (22) Samir's daughter;
- Ikhlas Samir Hussein Al Najjar (26) Samir's daughter;
- Islam Hamouda Abu Shahla-Al Najjar (4) Ikhlas's daughter;
- Amira Hamouda Abu Shahla-Al Najjar (1) Ikhlas's daughter;
- Amir Hamouda Abu Shahla-Al Najjar (2.5) Ikhlas's son;
- Riham Fayiz Al Najjar (25) daughter-in-law of Samir, wife of Hussein Samir Al Najjar, who was pregnant;
- Samir Hussein Al Najjar (1) Hussein's son;
- Motaz Hussein Al Najjar (5) Hussein's son;
- Iman Salah Al Najjar (23) daughter-in-law of Samir, wife of Mohammed Samir Al Najjar;
- Ghalia Mohammed Samir Al Najjar (1.5) Iman's daughter;
- Bara' Salah Al Reqib (11) Iman's brother;
- Khalil Mohammed Al Najjar (59) Ghalia's brother;
- Rawan Khalid Al Najjar (16) Khalil's grand-daughter;
- Ahmad Khaled Al Najar (16) Rawan's brother;
- Somaya Harb Al Najjar (49) sister-in-law of Ghalia; and
- Hani Suleiman Al Najjar (7) Somaya's son.