Al Batsh family, Gaza City
At approximately 10:30pm on Saturday, 12 July 2014, Israeli warplanes fired two missiles/bombs at the house of Majid Subhi Al Batsh (50) in the At Tuffah neighbourhood of eastern Gaza City. The attack destroyed the house completely, along with two adjacent houses that belong to Majid's brothers; a house belonging to No'man and a house belonging to and Alaa' and Issam. Eighteen people were killed in this attack, including six children and four women.
Another sixteen people were injured of whom were three women and three children. Four of the injured were in critical condition. Major General Taysir Al Batsh, the head of Gaza City police, was among the injured. He sustained critical wounds while visiting his cousins at the time of the attack.
Al Mezan has identified those killed as follows:
- Majid Subhi Al Batsh (50);
- Amal Hassan Al Batsh (49), Majid's wife;
- Marwa Majid Al Batsh (25), Majid and Amal's daughter;
- Khalid Majid Al Batsh (20), Majid and Amal's son;
- Mahmoud Majid Al Batsh 22), Majid and Amal's son;
- Ibrahim Majid Al Batsh (18), Majid and Amal's son;
- Manar Majid Al Batsh (13), Majid and Amal's son;
- Baha' Majid Al Batsh (28), Majid and Amal's son;
- Samah Alaa' Al Batsh (19), Baha's pregnant wife;
- Yahia Alaa' Al Batsh (18), Samah's brother;
- Anas Alaa' Al Batsh (10), Samah's brother;
- Amal Baha' Al Batsh (1), Baha and Samah's daughter;
- Nahid Na'im Al Batsh (41), was visiting his cousins;
- Aziza Yousif Al Batsh (59), next door neighbour and relative;
- Qusai Issam Al Batsh (12), next door neighbour and relative;
- Mohammed Issam Al Batsh (17), Qusai's brother and next door neighbour and relative;
- Jalal Subhi Al Batsh (26);
- Zakariya Alaa' Subhi Al Batsh (21), was pronounced dead on 28 July 2014 at a hospital in Jordan.