Dheir Family, Rafah
At approximately 4:34 am on Tuesday 29 July 2014, Israeli warplanes fired two missiles at the house of the sons of Salama Mahmoud Slama Dheir in Rafah. Five families compromised of 26 were living in the three-story house. As a result, the house was totally destroyed and 19 of its residents were killed. Most of the residents were outside the home at the time of the attack, but the brothers and most of their families had came back the day before to be reunited with their mother, Turkiya, for Eid al-Fitr, the feast at the end of Ramadan.
Al Mezan identified their names as follows:
- Turkiya Khalil Hamed Dheir (66)
- Ezat Salama Mahmoud Dheir (23). Turkiya's son.
- Omar Salama Mahmoud Dheir (38). Turkiya's son.
- Reem Abdel Aziz Mohammed Dheir (32). Omar's wife
- Maria Omar Salama Dheir (12). Reem and Omar''s daughter
- Ghidaa Omar Salama Dheir (7). Reem and Omar''s daughter
- Mohammed Omar Salama Dheir (10). Reem and Omar's son
- Mo'men Omar Salam Dheir (9). Reem and Omar's son
- Yamen Omar Salama Dheir (5). Reem and Omar's son
- Mahmoud Salama Mahmoud Dheir (46). Turkiya's son.
- Jamalat Mahmoud Mohammed Dheir (41). Mahmoud's wife
- Salama Mahmoud Salama Dheir (12). Jamalat and Mahmoud's son
- Mohammed Mahmoud Salama Dheir (8). Jamalat and Mahmoud's son
- Arwa Mahmoud Dheir (16)
- Shorouq Mahmoud Salama Dheir (21) Jamalat and Mahmoud's daughter
- Ola Mahmoud Salama Dheir (19)
- Yasmin Ahmed Dheir, 24 (Omar’s sister-in-law)
- Tasneem Mohammed Salama Dheir (4) Yasmin’s daughter
- Wafaa Abdel Razeq Eid Dheir (29) Omar’s sister-in-law who was pregnant.